Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Heart of a Whale

Last night I decided it was time to get back to work so I welded up this art project I call, "The heart of a whale." It is dedicated to my little brother who went to the hospital last week. He gave me the inspiration to keep on welding in the late hours of the night. Here is the creation of heart of a whale. I hope you enjoy it.


It all started with some cardboard I took from a box of microwavable burritos.


Then I made a blueprint. Then I just let it happen.



















4 comments:

  1. Love it! You are an engineer AND a craftsman :)
    I especially appreciate the step-by-step demo. None of that "proof is left as an exercise for the student" kind of crap from you.
    This looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool Dave. Glad I could be an inspiration to you. Your art has inspired me.

    ReplyDelete