Thursday, March 14, 2013

My glimpse of purgatory

One morning shortly after waking up I caught a glimpse of purgatory
It looked like a small, cluttered and cramped archaic workshop.
Well lit up by sunlight.
Streaming through overhead windows.
It was light and airy inside.
A pleasant, lazy, summer day.
The door was open allowing additional sunlight entrance to the room
A warm breeze slid through the workshop.
There were lightly colored maple butcher block workbenches,
The kind that are pleasant to work on.
On each bench a person whose body was partially encased
in odd and inconvenient arrangements of stone.
Was laid down as comfortably as the stone would permit.
The poses they assumed were generally awkward as a consequence of the stone
Craftsman stood over them with chisels and hammers and angle grinders.
Chipping away at the stone
Grinding away final remnants of shale from skin
Labouring to free their patients from mineral shackles
The patients would wince in pain
Clearly the operation was not pleasant
but they did not protest


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is things like this that give me inspiration to develop artistic talent. I wish I could paint it so I could share what I saw with others.  As I learn to be less dismissive of others opinions I feel I am becoming more receptive to the whispers of Grace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment