Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pickled Green Tomatoes, Chiles, and Carb Cleaner



Back when I wrecked this motorcyle into a fence, I always suspected that it needed its carburetor cleaned. I talked to my roomate about it, and based on what I told him happened he agreed. Step one is to make sure the engine can still run. I decided I better go ahead and clean the car so that is what I did.



It took a little bit of persuasion to get the carb out, but it could not resist.





Definitely a little bit dirty in there. I cleaned all that gunk out with the carb cleaner. Not I just need to stick the carb back in. Hopefully this weekend I will fire it up.



On an unrelated note my tomatoes started coming in. It was a bit of a suprise. I had not seen them grow at all lately, but when I took their syran wrap off they were already sprouting pretty good. The seeds from these tomatoes come from a tomato A master-gardener coworker gave me from her garden. I took the seeds out, dried them, and stuck them in the dirt. These tomatoes are similiar in nature to some pickled green tomatoes I had at a really good restaurant in Seattle. They were really delicious. Once they grow I will pickle the tomatoes.



Finally some of my peppers started to grow as well. These are Santa Fe Grandes.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog David! That's awesome that your tomatoes and peppers are growing so well already and your spices too. I loved the before and after pictures of your garden. I'm sure it will be awesome this spring and summer! And it will be so wonderful and rewarding to eat your own food!

    ReplyDelete