Monday, November 8, 2010

The proving grounds



Recently my roomate gave me a heads up on an abandonded pumice mine located on some BLM land nearby. We went to go check it out since I needed a proving grounds for the motorcycle-engined remote-controlled/autonomous dune-buggy I am building in my garage. This place was basically out of Mad Max. Shotgun shells were strewn all over the ground along with the carcasses of refrigerators and TV that ended up on the business end of a 12 gauge. The mine was located on top of a Mesa. Multiple cars were wrecked on the side of the hill. I am not to sure if people were playing chicken on the top of the mesa, but that is the story I am going to believe until I hear otherwise. The place had dirt bike trails everywhere. I can't wait to start making use of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment