Saturday, January 1, 2011

Transplantations and Vertical Pumpkin Patches.

Happy New Year!




I realized that it is now time for the farm to expand out. My pumpkins were starting to get too big for the pots they were in so I moved them to a milk jug. A friend of mine told me that pumpkins know how to climb trees so I made this trellis so the pumpkins can climb up it. Later I might try to add some kind of vine based fruit as well.




Here are the pumpkins in their new home.




Here I started moving some of the bigger plants into some bigger containers.



This avocado is starting to really take off.




Here are the basil. They smell pretty good, but the oregano is my favorite. I can't wait to make a pizza out of it.




On an unrelated note I downloaded the openKinect Drivers and started to get them to work. It took some figuring out for me but I got the OpenCV wrappers to work as well. I am planning to write some code that uses the Kinect for something. I just have not figured out what yet. I need to sit and think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I was driving on cruise control the other day & thought about a good use of this new Kinect technology. Would it be possible to combine cruise control with this technology, to sense a car in front of you slowing down? Kind of like an auto pilot... the car controls the speed based on the vehicle in front of it. Let me know your thoughts. Glad you managed to out run another fire. Reminded me of the Ft. Collins red sky days.

    ReplyDelete