Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Days of Rectangular Soap are Numbered



Recently I decided that I needed to carve some soap. I discovered however that the current shapes of soap were not satisfactory so I decided I better come up with some new ones. I pulled out the hacksaw and the MIG and I put this mold together this afternoon. This picture shows a second pour of wax. My initial tests with soap did not work too well. According to the Internet I need to get something called a double boiler to melt the soap. I will look into that later.




This is a picture of my first wax pour and the resulting ingot.

3 comments:

  1. What discoveries brought you to the conclusion that the current shapes used for soap are not 'satisfactory'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Martiens - The problem with the current shape of soap is that it does not inspire my soul with happiness. I am currently looking to make shapes that will invite an emotional reaction. Stay tuned for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A double boiler is like a double fryer used to make refried beans.

    ReplyDelete