Monday, February 28, 2011

How I start the seeds

Here I am going to talk briefly about how I start my seeds since it is time to start getting ready for the spring.



Step 1. Get an egg carton and put some potting soil starting mix in the little pockets. Put some water on the soil. Then put some seeds on top of the soil. I have found there is no need to try and bury them. This one has some cilantro seeds.





Next wrap some plastic wrap around the egg carton. This will help keep the moisture in. Especially in Colorado and NM. Take the wrap off every day and spray some water on the soil and then cover it up with the plastic wrap until the seeds are on their way. I usually put them somewhere that is warm with alot of light.





Here is a picture of some plants that I decided I could leave the wrap off of. Once they get a little bigger I will pull them out of this eggcarton, and replant them in a pop bottle. I have found it is better to take the egg carton off when replanting, but not everyone agrees with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment